1) The British International Harmsworth Trophy will be competed for over 4 races:
• Fortitudo Property Poole Bay 100 – organised by Moto2017 Ltd, sanctioned by UKOPRA
• Falmouth Marathon Regatta – organised by the IPRC, sanctioned by UKOPRA
• Cowes Torquay – organised by the BPRC, sanctioned by UKOPRA
• Torquay Cowes – organised by the BPRC, sanctioned by UKOPRA
2) The challenge for the trophy is open to all boats competing in Marathon Class.
3) The winner (from any Marathon Class) will have accrued the highest average speed over the 4 races.
Example of calculations:
Poole – 89.47 mph
Falmouth – 79.25 mph
Cowes Torquay – 81.36 mph
Torquay Cowes – 75.45 mph
Total average speed = 325.53 ÷ 4 = 81.3825 mph
The winner will be presented with The British International Harmsworth Trophy at the Cowes prize giving event on Sunday, August 26th.